Monday, May 23, 2011

A Whole Day To Myself

Woke up early and had toast and jam.  No school today so what to do?  I want to go to the Natural History Museum!  I decide to go alone because...well I suppose mostly because i'm tired of hanging out with "couples" doing their "coupley thing".  I love all of my friends dearly but being around couples every day is not putting me in the best of moods I suppose one could say.  So off to the Museum for a day of self soothing!

The Museum looked like an enormous castle!  Most buildings here, i've noticed, are either extremely modern with glass and silver twisting in to skyscrapers...or they're ancient castles with worn stones and lush gardens.  Either way, they're usually stunning to look at.  Unfortunately, this particular castle was filled with obnoxious tourists and from what I could tell all of London's finest High School students on a field trip.  So I promptly popped in my head phones, listened to my "summer jamz" playlist, and toured the facilities soaking in all the tiny details.  I mostly enjoyed the dinosaurs.  There was even a replica of a T-Rex that moved around and if it caught you moving would turn it's grisly head and look you directly in the eye.  It was terrifying but exciting!  I also drew a picture of a beautiful flower they had on display in the Museum.  They had a little area where you could drop off drawings and if they like your drawing they would display it at the Museum!  I'm sure I won't get chosen but I drew one anyway.  I mean...why not?!

After a few hours in the museum I hopped a bus and headed down High Kensington to catch a movie at the local Cinema.  Not much playing but since it's still matinee I decide, what the heck, why not Pirates of the Caribbean?  Pretty silly, but it just might make it on my list of "so bad...it's good!"

All in all a successful day off strolling around London.

No comments:

Post a Comment