So this morning there was no choice in the matter. I had to go to hospital. For those of you that know me...not my favorite place to end up. Though for some reason it seems to be where I ALWAYS end up. They see me almost immediately because I'm clearly having trouble breathing and you can here my wheezy lungs from a mile away. I get in and apparently my symptoms are exactly what it would look like if an adult had Croup. Croup is something i've never even heard of so naturally it freaked me out a little hearing some foreign name on my foreign doctors lips. Unfortunately, I wasn't the only one freaked out. "She's got the Croup!" I heard one doctor belt across the hallway. I was raced up to the ICU where about ten doctors surround my little wheezing body and begin sticking all sorts of what nots and majigs on my body. Suddenly I feel a sharp pain as a large tube is forcefully stuck down my throat. They put me on assisted breathing and immediately took what looked like pints of my blood! Though i'm sure that's quite an exaggeration. Within 45 minutes it had been determined I had not contracted "The Croup". Phew! They took several more tests on me. One being a tiny little camera that they put up my nose and went all the way down to my throat. That was probably the worst of them all. After all the Croup madness all I had was a cold. A COLD. I couldn't believe it. Inflamation of the lungs, chest, and throat. A little infection in the throat. They gave me antibiotics and steriods and booted my traumatized butt out the door.

I would be a little angry about the Croup mixup but...FREE HEALTHCARE!!! So It's cool.
Funny! But you gotta love the free healthcare...
ReplyDelete