Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Shakespeare is rolling in his grave

Not much to say about tonight other then sorely disappointed and generally confused.  I saw a production of Hamlet and it was not only the worst Hamlet i've ever seen done (and i've seen Middle School students put up that play) but it was also the worst Shakespeare i've ever had the displeasure to sit through.  Here's just a few notes I wrote down during the play so that I might portray how truly gruesome it was:

-Why is your father wearing a fencing mask?
-The comedy is weird and inappropriate
-Are you speaking English?
-Is there a stick permanently lodged in your arse?!
-I feel like this is in fast forward
-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
-Your "get thee to a nunnery" speech was laughable
-Your tragic acting is a tragedy in itself...the comedy is even worse
-To be or not to be.........I choose NOT to be
-I like this play better when Hamlet isn't onstage
-Does Polonius look like Bob Nelson?
-UGHHHH
-No more Hamlet soliloquies pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaase!


Well...that about raps it up.  The good news is-I now know what not to do as an actor...EVER!  The bad  news is-Hamlet is temporarily ruined for me until further notice.

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment